Sunday, November 15, 2015

Iwriter..is not for "standard" writers.

So here I was, all excited about having a new article writing job, getting to write very small 500 word articles and just maybe getting some decent pay out of it. If you will recall, I just posted about this job earlier in the last post. I logged into my account there, or attempted to, and this little message popped up stating " Your account is blocked due to low ratings" Come again? Excuse me? I write three articles, as a one star rated "standard" writer, and made a very concentrated effort to please some elitist snob, who gave me some kind of crappy little rating, and I am the one that is blocked? I'm not even allowed to get my foot in the door so to speak, and prove that I am definitely not just a "standard" writer? When was I ever a "standard" writer to begin with? Who has the right to even label us writers like that anyway? That's a passive aggressive insult in itself, towards anyone that has ever tried to write for them. To say that I am bit upset right now is a bit of a understatement. It really hurt my feelings and made me feel very rejected, and I do not appreciate being made to feel that way from someone else, that I have ever even met or laid eyes on before.
As a Independently Published Author of two books, in my own right, well being rated lowly based on three tiny 500 word articles is somewhat insulting, especially when I put in a serious effort into writing these according to THEIR specified instruction. I wrote the company a nice little letter awhile ago, stating my disappointment in their company and their clients, and informed them that if these clients of theirs wanted "Elite" work from a "Standard" writer, then perhaps they should write their own articles, instead of putting down everyone else's attempts at doing it for them. I will not be going back to Iwriter .com again, and I am just going to tell you all now, don't hurt yourself in trying to please these people, unless you are a best selling author, or some other type of professional writer, otherwise you will just be "standard" to them, and get yourself blocked from their site without a by your leave, without even being paid for your time ad effort.
Now that I got that disappointment out of the way, I think I will go make a really strong cup of coffee, open up my MS Word files, and write some more on my books. Blessed Be everyone..have a good night.              

No comments:

Post a Comment