Friday, January 1, 2016

New Year 2016

Hello everyone and Bright Blessings. I am working hard on writing my short story "Hearts On Fire", thus far I have 42 pages and a bit over 14k words done! The holidays set me back a bit, and then right before Yuletide I came down with a ugly chest cold. The worst of it has subsided, I am still coughing like a barking seal, however I have the energy to be up and about. Last night I started writing again, determined to start the New Year by getting some work done! I have borrowed my son's tablet to work with , seeing as I currently have no internet or phone service until the bill is paid. If it's not one thing then it's another! That will not prevent me from getting my work done, I just need to learn to navigate this gadgetry of his a bit. I am not a tech whiz, so me learning to use a tablet with a advanced Android program is going to take a bit of getting used to! I never thought I would end up doing something like sitting here at the table, the only room on the house where a  wifi signal works, tapping out words on a touch screen, and I am so not used to it, I really do miss my clanky outdated desktop keyboard right now! I can sit at my old model acer desktop and type words and click keys to my hearts content! I'm quite the old woman when it comes to modern technology, I'll be 33 on January 18th and I didn't even have cellular phone service until I was 21! So all these new devices are a bit overwhelming  to tinker with.
Now onto where I am in my new story, Tristan, love of Serena,  is in a heated discussion with the HIgh Goddess about why he and her dragon guardian Lucan, have to form a very unusual bond between themselves in order for both of them to stay in the life and heart of Serena, and what is the High Goddess conspiring to achieve and gain out of this forbidden of and illegal alliance? The stakes are high, and the consequences, potentially devastating, for all involved, if the HIgh Goddess's scheme is discovered by the HIgh Council before She can see it complete. The fate of the entire dragon and human race will be changed for all eternity, should this plot of Hers succeed. Serena risks losing everything that makes her heart and her life complete in Tristan and Lucan should they all fail. Will a millenia old  dragon and a modern day warrior work together in harmony to keep the woman they love and put aside their warring hearts and hardened ways? Or will the fires of love be extinguished forever?

No comments:

Post a Comment