Saturday, July 23, 2016

Closer To Completion...

Hello Everyone and Bright Blessings! I said I would return soon with a more fleshed out update. Well as of yesterday, "Hearts On Fire" is up to 157 pages and 51,641 words thus far. A new mystery character by name of "Darius", has  recently had his secretive identity revealed. There's a bittersweet story behind who he is, but I am not allowed to tell you that here, you'll have to read the book to find out! Serena has suffered a potentially debilitating setback, and situations at the current moment are rather harrowing for the cast and characters of Hearts On Fire.
I have decided to split the story into two books, as there is suddenly so much flaming hot new material to add, that trying to cram it all into one book would mushroom this into a 500 page behemoth, if I were to keep on writing. I am already looking at over 200 pages, and that is really stretching out a romance story into what to some might be considered a rather long read. I got carried away, scenes transferred over to the fingers, and fired up the keyboard, the muse was dancing on her bed of coals and chanting like a siren in my head, so now I have a lot of material that I need to pare down a bit. Hmm...maybe a lot... either way, if I continue on the current writing trend, I just might have this book finished and published by August (?)... I don't want to sit here and possibly jinx myself by predicting a published-by date just yet... The next title to the ongoing story will be "The Dragon Goddess", and I am itching to get a cover image created for it, however I have five written assignments, and two quizzes for Business Management classes, to have turned in by midnight on this coming Tuesday, so any other artsy endeavors are going to have to wait.
I have done a hand numbing amount of writing this last few weeks, the college assignments have to be at least 800 words a piece, and by the end of this midterm, I will have written another book's worth of nearly 64,000 words on average, in just written assignments! Now times that by the next 23 months.... that will be at least 368,000 words, if not more, and that translates into nearly six books worth of assignments written by the time I graduate. Imagine if I actually save all those written assignments, and create books from those? Now there's a thought... I am going to have to go for now, those assignments are not going to write themselves, and the muse that dances on the bed of hot coals that has become "Hearts On Fire", is calling my name again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment